artikulation .f34

A fluffy little hedgehog,
All on his own,
Waiting to cross,
By the side of the road,
If he crosses too soon,
He could wellregret that,
He might get hit by a car,
Ending up all squashed and flat,
And he could have done better,
With the route that he chose,
I was on my way home,
Same time, same road.
To tell the truth I was tired,
My eyes were half closed,
I really needed to sleep,
And I was starting to doze,
I wasn't paying attention,
Driving home without care,
I didn't think about hedgehogs,
I didn't know he was there.

Then I saw the little fellow,
Out of the corner of my eye,
He was starting to cross,
To the road's other side,
So I slammed on the brakes,
As hard as I could,
I hoped it wasn't too late,
I didn't want to spill blood,
I was praying I'd stop,
Before I took his poor life,
But the road was so wet,
That I started to slide.
Now I know what you're thinking,
And you're thinking the worst,
"That poor little hedgehog,
All bust up and burst!
By the wheel of a car,
At the hand of a fiend,
Who had complete disregard,
For the hedgehog, it seems!"

But your thoughts are astray,
There is nothing to fear,
It didn't happen that way,
The little hedgehog's still here.
I didn't run him down,
Or roll him flat on the road,
With the wheel of my car,
When I was on my way home.
When I skidded along,
And I just couldn't stop,
I went over the hedgehog,
Right over the top.
It was so very close,
He was lucky that night,
He was right in between,
My car's headlights.
He must have been scared,
So very afraid,
But on he will live,
For the rest of his days.